Sunday, March 23, 2014

It'll Come


Empty seems to be my story lately.  My mind bounces from one thing to another--retirement, family decisions, leadership thoughts, Operation Christmas Child concerns.  In each case there are choices to make, things to decide...and I come up empty.

Today's message at church was a brief overview about the role of the Old Testament prophets and also a discussion about the role we have to speak God's words to others in our lives today.

After church I headed out the back door and struggled to get our nearly-empty Operation Christmas Child storage container open.  In 2011, 2012, and 2013 it was at least 1/3 or more full by this time.  Not this year, though.

I heaved open the door and stared into the emptiness.

Just then, a woman I've never met and don't know came out of that back church door and stood behind me looking over my shoulder.  She said two words...

"It'll come."

Maybe she is a prophet.




No comments:

Post a Comment