Friday, April 18, 2014

Something Better

These little girls in the Dominican Republic were waiting to receive their Operation Christmas Child shoe box gifts.

Like them, I too am waiting.

I think of all the prayers I have prayed asking God to give our NWPA Operation Christmas child team a Community Relations Coordinator and a Network Coordinator.  All the prayers prayed for items for our packing party this year.  All the prayers prayed for salvation for loved ones.

This morning I read these verses in John chapter 11--

John 11:5,6--"Now Jesus loved Martha and her sister and Lazarus. So when He heard that he (Lazarus) was sick, He then stayed two days longer in the place where He was." 

 Because Jesus loved them He stayed where He was instead of coming to heal Lazarus. Because He loved them, He didn't answer their prayers for healing right away. Jesus had something better. 


I look at all the seemingly unanswered prayers I've been praying and take courage. 


Jesus has something better.

No comments:

Post a Comment