Monday, June 2, 2014

SMURT goals or SMIRT Goals


I've been watching and listening to DVDs of the Operation Christmas Child Connect Conference from a few months ago.  As I consider the rapid growth of shoe box numbers in the past few years, I think maybe they should reconsider the high impact acronym for goal-setting.

We've been taught to set goals that are SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Timely) but I propose that God might be asking us to change that.

Maybe we should make them SMURT with a"U" for 'unattainable'--those goals that we know only God can accomplish.

Or, maybe they should be SMIRT with an "I" for 'immeasurable'.  No, wait--that would make them measurable AND immeasurable.

Well, whatever the acronym, can we just agree that God has bigger things planned than we can imagine or ATTAIN in our own power?

No comments:

Post a Comment