Saturday, July 4, 2015

The Path To Freedom


Happy Fourth of July!  It's a day to celebrate freedom, and I'm across the country celebrating a family wedding.  You'd think I'd be posting a picture of an American flag to celebrate the day.  After all, what do a bunch of little plush bears have to do with freedom?

Well, actually, everything.

These little bears and thousands more like them will be filling Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes to give thousands of children a "gospel opportunity."  And, really, freedom can't be found outside of the truth of Jesus.  

In John 8:31,32  we read "31So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples,32and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

Operation Christmas Child is about making disciples and letting children know the truth and setting them free.  So stuffed animals are a perfect picture to celebrate freedom.

And...by God's grace those little toys just keep COMING.  I'm missing yet another safari weekend, but in the past two days God blessed me through the generosity of several people.

On Wednesday I came home from my soap-hauling adventure to find a pile of shoeboxes and stuffed toys by my back door.

On Thursday morning a good friend showed up with this haul his wife collected from local yard sales...

And the picture at the top of this blog shows the surprise that arrived in Thursday's mail all the way from California!  A sweet teen who reads this blog sent these 36 bears and three gorgeous scarves to put into our packing party boxes.  Thanks, C., for making my day and helping to bring real freedom to children around the world.

Enjoy this day with your family and friends and rightfully celebrate the freedom we still have in this country.

And thank God for the Truth that sets us free.

No comments:

Post a Comment