Sunday, April 3, 2016

Eggcellent Eggstras


Today was a snowy April day here in Erie, PA--a great day to begin work on all those eggs I bought in my last shopping trip to use as fillers for our Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes.

Actually, I started my day by getting to Target at 8:00 am.  I was disappointed when their Easter clearance did not drop to 90% on Saturday morning, sending me back for a return visit bright and early today.  Last year I netted over 10,000 eggs at Target alone.  I'm glad I bought the 8,640 at Walmart earlier this week since I only found 1,389 today.  And...there were absolutely NO stuffed animals left at Target.  So sad.

It's a good thing I sorted out my stash of OCC supplies last week leaving space in this room for the bins of eggs.  I feel like I have my very own Walmart end cap!

So...today I crawled up into the attic and brought down my supply of plastic rings.  Then I started filling the eggs.


I sorted them into separate bins--one for boys and one for girls.


Although, a friend who served as a missionary in Haiti tells me that in their culture pink is for boys and blue is for girls, so that may not even matter.  The princess rings and Barbie crown rings went in the girls' bin, though.  I made a good start and have almost 1,500 of them finished.

Since all the tubs with lids are being used to store completed jump ropes, I'm using tubs that have no lids for storing the filled eggs that will be resting in my attic until the packing party in September.  I just need some cardboard to put between them so I can still stack the tubs.

Meanwhile, my sweet husband spent the afternoon cutting lengths of rope for jump ropes while watching Nascar on TV...


All in all, it was an eggcellent day.

No comments:

Post a Comment